IS THIS TOUR FOR ME?
- Our tours offer a friendly nurturing environment where you will make new friends, laugh a lot, experience something new every day, and fill your bucket with wonderful memories.
- You will be booking with a boutique owner-operated company based in Cambridge, New Zealand.
- Our groups are small (never more than 12 guests)
- We don't offer "cookie cutter" tours over a well-beaten track.
- We prefer to get off the main highways into regional areas, occasionally we stay in cities but mostly we like to make ourselves at home in rural towns. Small towns & villages that offer something special and are full of character and characters!
- We love tasting delicious cuisine, wine, and brews.
- We love nature and exploring gardens, native bush, forests, rivers, lakes & the sea.
- We absolutely love getting in to the great outdoors and that's why our tours usually have an active element to them.
- Generally the age group will be around 55 - 70 years.
- Our tours are for women only.
- If you are travelling alone and don't want to pay a single supplement, ask us if there is anyone you can share with. We can generally find you a room-mate of the same gender.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required to get the best out of your adventure. You need to be able to walk unassisted for at least 2km. Individual itineraries will state exactly how fit you need to be.
- Our cycling tours are perfect for leisure cyclists - you do need to have ridden a bike recently (not 10 years ago!!) and have some cycling experience on gravel tracks.
If your question is not answered, please email us directly and we will be back to you within 24 hours.
Roam Travel Adventures is a boutique company specialising in small group tours in New Zealand and other exciting worldwide destinations.
Our adventures are designed for women. These tours take in iconic sights but we also go rural to experience often missed, hardly visited areas. Most days also include a leisure walk or something active. No two days are the same and neither is the accommodation or dining options. Variety, comradery and fun included every day!
No problem if you are single, solo, widowed, divorced or your friends/partner are not interested in travelling where you want to go? If you love the outdoors, exploring new places, leisure walks, beautiful landscapes, gardens, art, cuisine, shopping, you are the perfect fit for a Roam Travel Adventure!
CHIEF NAVIGATOR - MARIE COLES
Welcome future Roamers! I'm Marie, the founder of Roam Travel Adventures.
I have been lucky enough to explore the world extensively but I have always appreciated being born in New Zealand and it is most definitely my favourite destination. I have roamed all over my homeland, exploring little "nooks and crannies". With my local knowledge and passion for walking, cycling and the outdoors, I have crafted itineraries that are totally unique. Most tours will be escorted by myself, but I also collaborate with colleagues who can add an area of expertise to a tour.
I love meeting people and bringing groups together to explore new destinations and experience other cultures and cuisine. I'm looking forward to meeting you soon!
The best of Adventures! The best travel leader - everything organised right down to the last little detail. You are guaranteed a great fun time.
Jan - Amberley, New Zealand
I would recommend doing the North Island trip and definitely value for money. Marie was very organised and adaptable if the weather hampered our activities. I would be very keen to do another tour with Roam.
Dorothy - Lincoln, New Zealand
The excursions, transportation, and accommodations were well planned. Big thanks to Marie for her organisation and enthusiasm for making the trip stress free and lots of fun. I would definitely recommend this trip.
Jackie - Christchurch, New Zealand
My first guided trip ever! Accommodation was good to excellent, driver and vehicle great, sightseeing good, Lou excellent, meals good overall and it was value for money. An afternoon or day off about midway would have given time to recharge batteries and do some washing.
Maree - Ashburton, New Zealand
I went with Roam on an overnight to The Chateau with side events on the way. Marie had everything pre-organised so all we had to do was enjoy it, and I certainly did! I also bought an e-bike from her range and have loved the new experience. Looking forward to summer!
Audrey - Hamilton, New Zealand
I’m really looking forward to future adventures with Marie - she’s delightful, welcoming, inclusive, knowledgeable, fun, professional, and makes everything easy! Her trips are extremely well planned, and she gives very clear instructions regarding requirements and what to pack and bring. If anything is amiss, she sorts it. Fantastic!
Di - Whitianga, New Zealand
I travelled with Roam Travel Adventures on a European river cruise with a stay in Italy beforehand. Our travel host Marie found ways to make the trip both fulfilling and interesting. We were able to go truffle hunting with dogs in Italy and paragliding in Switzerland. Marie even biked with us in the rain in Amsterdam! I highly recommend travelling with Roam Travel Adventures.
Jane - Radium Hot Springs, Canada
I want to thank you very much for the wonderful trip you organised for us. I appreciate the amount of effort and planning that went into the itinerary. The seats for the WOW show, the accommodation and food were amazing. The van was very comfortable and your driving impeccable. I am more than happy to recommend you to friends.
Christine - Hamilton, NZ